Re: Pet Policy - Can you share yours?
From: Ken Cameron-Bell (kcameronbellgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:37:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Juith,

At Daybreak we purposely kept our pet agreement simple and focussed on
values. We felt we could deal with individual issues as they came.

Ken Cameron-Bell

Here it is:

Daybreak Cohousing Pet Agreements

As members of Daybreak Cohousing, we value “sharing, respecting and tending
to each other’s lives” and “making conscious choices that honor our
relationship to the earth”.  Because of this, we make this agreement
regarding the animals that share our community with us.

Some community members have chosen to include animals in their lives and
therefore have willingly assumed the responsibility for the care,
maintenance and behavior of their pets.  Others have chosen differently and
out of respect and with sensitivity for those who fear animals, have pet
allergies or wish not to relate to another’s pet, personal choice will be
respected.

To encourage optimal community participation, the Common House and Guest
Rooms will be Pet-Free Zones and dogs will be on leash on the community
grounds.

Pet owners will be respectful of the community’s need for cleanliness and
personal safety in the common areas and garden spaces.  Non-pet owners will
trust pet owners to keep community spaces safe and waste-free.

As with all other community agreements, if disagreements arise in
implementation of the above, we will follow our Community Process
guidelines.