Children in Common House
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:59:44 -0700 (PDT)
I also think there are multiple issues herein.

A large one is community liability.  If children are allowed unmonitored in the
common house and get injured or damage property or injure another child, where
will liability come to rest?

With the child's parents for letting the child have free range domain?

Or with the community for liability for maintaining an "attractive nuisance"?

Or with the community for not maintaining due diligence in protecting visitors
from hazards?

I think of all the incidents perpetrated by children even in their own homes
with their parents in the house, not as depicted in Halloween slasher movies,
but just as reported in daily newspapers.

If a child can create injury while monitored at home where the child has a
familial interest and invested relationship, how much greater is the risk of
mischief leading to imminent disaster in a common property where the child has
no personal investment nor any supervision?

Tom Lofft

Liberty Village, MD

Message: 1