Re: Disengaged households
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:09:33 -0800 (PST)
Living  in a social community can sound good up front, all the things you
get from it, but after awhile the costs start to show up.  For some people
living in community is not a good fit and they withdraw and later move.
This is pretty normal. It can be painful all around when people no longer
want to be there. My advice is to give them space, help find replacement
people to buy their stake, and move on.  I recall once doing an intervention
for a community where two households were demanding the whole community make
substantial changes or they would leave. My advice was to let them leave,
and they did, and those who replaced them were grateful and happy to live in
such a great community.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
Snohomish County, WA