Re: Disengaged households
From: PattyMara Gourley (pmgourleygmail.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 08:27:51 -0800 (PST)
"I don't think any of us joined community in order to have more work to do."

Amen, Sister Eris!

Disengagement may also be a sad consequence of unresolved polarized
conflict/trauma within a community.

The hard work of conflict resolution requires more time and energy than many
are willing or able to commit.  When conflict issues are postponed or
ignored (particularly if trauma/ptsd is involved), it takes its toll on the
community.

Disengagement from meals, community meetings, work days and parties is the
cost of not facing and resolving conflict in a timely, compassionate
manner.

PattyMara