Collaborative Outreach (was Fwd: Another Cohousing Event after successful Oct Cohousing Month)
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:22:25 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

I doubt if many folks across the country heard about "Cohousing Month"
(Oct-09) in Colorado.

This was a local co-promotion by multiple parties for multiple
Cohousing events, some free and some paid. With its partners, Coho/US
chipped in to fund some local PR and advertising to support all of the
events. They included our October Boulder Bus Tour, two Senior
Cohousing book signings by Chuck Durrett, a booth at the regional
Bioneers conference, and the open meeting described by Jim Leach
(below).

As Coho/US plans (and budgets) for 2010, we're looking at how the
association could be more effective at Outreach. At this moment, we
don't do nearly as much as we could - its not been a priority. In our
recent board strategic planning work, outreach was made a priority.
You'll see and hear more about this from your association over coming
months.

I suspect that one of the most effective ways that Coho/US can
leverage its unique position as THE National Cohousing organization
(and stretch our limited resources) is by partnering with other
organizations, as we did for "Cohousing Month" (in Colorado). As you
think about how your group promotes itself, you might think about how
Coho/US might be able to help. There is not a defined program in place
at this moment, but there may well be before too long.

In community,

Craig Ragland
Executive Director
Cohousing Association of the United States (Coho/US)
425-487-3550
http://www.cohousing.org
craig [at] cohousing.org

P.S. just imagine how much easier this would all be if "cohousing" was
a household word!