Re: Consensus training
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:01:54 -0800 (PST)
Maggi wrote:
> I seem to recall there was a web site where was posted a list of
> people who will do consensus training for cohousers.  Anyone remember
> where that is?

The Cohousing Association has a directory of professionals serving cohousing
communities, including facilitators & trainers:
http://www.cohousing.org/mkt/professionals

The Fellowship for Intentional Community also has a directory of process
consultants:
http://www.ic.org/process.php

> We're specifically looking for someone in the Detroit area, or who can
> do it for around $1000 travel costs inclusive.

You might also be interested in my article on how to hire a facilitator or
trainer:
http://www.erisweaver.info/HOW_TO_HIRE_A_FACILITATOR.pdf. One of the issues
I address is cost. I find that many, if not most, communities underestimate
how much it should cost to hire a good process consultant.

Eris Weaver
Facilitator, Consensus Trainer, & Group Process Consultant
FrogSong, Cohousing in Cotati, CA
eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info