Room Available at JP Cohousing in Boston
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:11:01 -0800 (PST)
Hip Mama + Old Soul Seek Kindred Spirit to Share Cool Condo w/Awesome
Amenities

Come on in from the cold at JP CoHousing! Live with great roommates in a
comfortable, friendly, clean home, right on the T.

The Price:
$550 includes all utils (heat, elec, water, even laundry, broadband/ wireless internet and parking space; however please note I do not currently subscribe to cable). Rent is month-to-month. Either short or long-term okay.

The Space:
You will have a good-sized unfurnished room with closet and 3 windows (which you are welcome to paint/setup as you like) in a compact 2.5- bedroom condo unit on the 1st floor at JP CoHousing, a 30-unit condominium development built in 2005. (Room could be semi-furnished if desired.) The unit itself is not as spacious as a triple-decker- style apartment, but the access to the common space more than makes up for that.

The Place:
You will have access to the shared facilities, and to guest rooms for visitors ($10/night). There are meals that you can sign up for ($5) about once a week. You can participate in the CoHousing community as much or as little as you like, although we are a self-managed condo association so there are shared responsibilities to maintain the facilities (about 4 hours a month is requested). To learn more about the development we live in, see the website, www.jpcohousing.org.

The Housemates:
Your housemates will be a 32 yo community health worker and a 9 yr old who goes to a nearby public school. We have an older cat, a young cat, and a kitten (indoor/outdoor depending on season.) My kid’s other parent visits 2 evenings/week and we’re on good terms. We speak English & Spanish and are welcoming and respectful to all cultures and orientations. We’re progressive, involved in the community, and into green living.

The Neighborhood:
You will be living in beautiful and diverse Jamaica Plain. We’re located 5 minutes from Green St. T Station on the Orange Line. JP has a lot of parks and public recreation areas, as well as an active arts community and great cultural life. I think of our area as pretty safe for an urban neighborhood.

This is the current link to the ad (which has pictures):
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/roo/1501705876.html

If you’re interested, please be in touch by email or phone, and good luck
in your search!

María Christina Blanco
mcblanco [at] diezlunas.org
Maternal-Child Community Health Worker
65 Cornwall St. #110, Jamaica Plain MA 02130
617.372.3022