Get out the Cohousing Vote
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 04:53:07 -0800 (PST)
Dear Grace,

I went to this HUD site below in order to vote for your suggestion.

http://hudideasinaction.uservoice.com/pages/33263-promote-affordable-ren

tal-housing-

But I couldn't find a project with the title, "Provide funding for affordable community oriented housing (cohousing)," or with a first line, "Residents of affordable housing are often isolated from family and support systems."

I read the suggestion in the Dec. 17th Coho-L posting to "go to the tab marked "new ideas" and it's first on that list" but I didn't find it in the list marked "New 25" under the tab marked "Promote affordable rental housing," which was the tab automatically open I reached this URL.

The tabs across the top one can choose from read:

"Repair the nation's economy and housing markets,"
"Promote affordable rental housing"
"Utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life,"
"Build inclusive and sustainable communities of opportunity"
"Transform the way HUD does business" (for HUD employees")  and
"Transform the way HUD does business" (open to all)

Could Grace or someone provide more specific directions in being able to vote for this idea, including which one of the above tabs to click?

Thanks for doing this, Grace!

Diana Leafe Christian