Question about using consensus for policy decisions & Sociocracy for elections
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:08:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello Jessie,

You wrote:
At Eastern Village, we have used the sociocratic process for selection of our board since the first one in 2002.

I'm intrigued to hear Eastern Village uses consensus for most decisions and Sociocracy for elections. (I'm going by your description several months ago of how Eastern Village has criteria for principled blocks.) Would you say more about how your community came to use these two decision-making methods for these different purposes, and why? Thank you!

Diana Leafe Christian
http://www.EcovillageNews.org