Holiday Traditions at cohousing
From: Audrey Watson (audreygalisteo.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:08:29 -0800 (PST)
Last year I posted a video panorama of the Winslow Cohousing Gingerbread House Complex (recreating the entire community in gingerbread). This year we did it again, but photographed the actual building of it. So, if you want to smile, and see an example of community building, click on one of the links below to see a video of it.

By the way, we also had a Hanukkah dinner, a Swedish Christmas dinner complete with all the traditional Swedish specialties, last night the "boys" of cohousing (led by a few home from college) did their traditional hamburger, french fries and milkshake dinner (attended by at least 50 people), there was a small solistice celebration, and we still have a Christmas Eve put up a Christmas tree party, a Christmas day big dinner, and a New Year's Eve celebration to go (including a kids sleepover in the common house). I think we will be partied out by the time New Year's Day comes. (and different people attend different parties, with no obligation, but whoever shows up is the right set of people).

--audrey
Winslow Cohousing
Bainbridge Island, WA

   I've posted the Gingerbread Building time lapse I showed last night!
   Make sure to turn on your computer's sound when viewing for best
   results. You can view it on either YouTube or Vimeo using the
   addresses below. (I recommend Vimeo for its slightly higher quality.)

   Enjoy!
   Adrian

   http://www.vimeo.com/8304805
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xksglJOlHAM