Re: Great moments in consensus
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 08:17:34 -0800 (PST)
Ditto!
As well as arm twisting etc. AND a resulting decision which does not reflect
what most of us would have like to have seen.

Racheli.

On Dec 26, 2009, at 6:18 PM, Sharon Villines wrote:

I think it's called "concessions" - like the senator from ND who got
a big
tax break for his constituents written into the bill in exchange for
his
vote (while the other 49 states pay their share). I'm not sure this
is going
to work for cohousing.

I think "payoffs" is the word you are looking for. Bribes. Vote buying.

Nothing to do with consensus.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines in Washington DC