Re: Great moments in consensus
From: melanie griffin (melgrifgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:18:36 -0800 (PST)
But Congress is all about majorities and entrenched positions. It would be
interesting to see a consensus model in any legislature, but I don't think
we're likely to see it in our lifetimes. Horse trading sometimes has a
result that looks like consensus, particularly in front of cameras, but that
result would never be described as something everyone in the room can live
with!.