Re: Great moments in consensus
From: dmcfe (dmcfeaol.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:12:22 -0800 (PST)
 Hi All, It's a good thing that some sort of health care  bill is moving
forward, because my family sure needs it.
Could this be a case of apples and oranges?
Let me suggest that trying to make progress on understanding "consensus", or
the type of "full consensus" process I like, by putting it in the same
horserace as congressional process will keep you busy for ever. The nature of
majority "power over", and the deal making that makes it go is anathema to the
type of consensus process I love to see, (and have seen),  happen in group
work. Most fragile to maintain, too. Best and Happy Holidays, David