Re: RE Rural Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 15:03:58 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 2, 2010, at 5:42 PM, Elizabeth Magill wrote:

And yet, we are two miles from the mall. To me, that is not rural!

Perhaps we could use two categories, "Urban Area" and "Small Town and Rural."

Shopping malls are becoming what the "gas station / fishing tackle / grocery store / post office was a few years ago so I'm not sure that can be used as a marker. I've seen a picture of a Walmart that appeared to be in the middle of nowhere.

While some areas feel urban because they are one small town after another, all right up against the other, it isn't urban because the total population density is small compared to cities where the multi- storied buildings contain a lot of people.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC