Urban cohousing [was: Monekysheres...
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:42:40 -0800 (PST)
It would be interesting to know the percentage of US cohousing that was
"urban".  But with the difficulty of defining urban and our lack of
statistics, we have to guess. I'd guess it's probably safe to say it is a
small percentage but not insignificant number of communities.

In addition to the one's mentioned, I tried to list some on a web page
once (quite incomplete and dated) at:
http://mn.cohousing.org/urban/

To investigate more one might start with the database
( http://www.cohousing.org/directory ) and look at those that list an
acre or less of land and look closer.

Likewise, to look for rural communutes, one might look closer at those
with large acreages.

Fred

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org