Cohousing outreach lesson for the day: Be reachable
From: Karen Kudia (kkudiapeoplepc.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:53:51 -0800 (PST)
Sharon:

I agree a very strong prohibiting factor is the cost. With the recession, property values have fallen and it is hard to sell. Many find a co-housing home >$300,000 rather limiting if not impossible. I know there are some co-housing that subsides but usually for local people and there are few of them. Catch 22. For example, does anyone know of any co-housing that is less $300,000 urban or rural? Wonder if Habitat for Humanity might enter the co-housing arena? Offering affordable housing. Anyone approach them? Can't you just see co-housing /habitat humanity in Tampa; revolutionary isn't it.

Karen D. Kudia
Anthony, Florida