Re: Cohousing outreach lesson for the day: Be reachable
From: Larry Miller (larry.millercharter.net)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:44:40 -0800 (PST)
Yes, there is very nice cohousing for less than $300,000. It's small town
living rather than
either urban or rural. Paso Robles is in Central California, midway between San
Francisco and
Los Angeles, 1/2 hour from the ocean. Oak Creek Commons has 2 units actively
for sale, both
under $300,00, and a third about to go on the market. One 3 bedroom unit that
originally sold in
2004 for around $400,000 is on the market at $229,000. It was a foreclosure
that was purchased
by a company that "flips" homes. They did a great job of upgrading and it's a
huge bargain.

California has been very hard hit by the housing/recession situation and our
community is no
exception. We would very much like to see some people interested in cohousing
move in here.

Larry Miller
Oak Creek Commons