Re: Great moments in consensus
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:53:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi Melanie,

It indeed would be interesting to see a consensus model in any legislature, and, as I said in my original post, we just did!

Regards,
David

Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:18:34 -0500
From: melanie griffin <melgrif [at] gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Great moments in consensus
To: Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>

But Congress is all about majorities and entrenched positions. It would be
interesting to see a consensus model in any legislature, but I don't think
we're likely to see it in our lifetimes. Horse trading sometimes has a
result that looks like consensus, particularly in front of cameras, but that
result would never be described as something everyone in the room can live
with!.