Neighborhood Sharing Service
From: Keara Schwartz (kearasharesomesugar.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:09:05 -0800 (PST)
Dear Co-housing Neighbor,

I want to tell you about a Neighborhood Sharing service that I started that I think your co-housing community would enjoy using. It's called Share Some Sugar, an online service that finds someone in your neighborhood who is willing to lend you something that you need. I know that co-housing neighbors are already sharing their stuff with each-other, from a power tool to a book. However Share Some Sugar creates an online inventory of everyone's items that they are willing to share. It makes it easy for anyone to search for an item in their own co-housing community and borrow it instead of buying it. Neighbors can search for items and request to borrow it for however long they need it for and also keep track of who has their items.

Share Some Sugar is free to join and use. We launched about 1 month ago and already have over 900 items posted that neighbors are willing to share.

What are the other benefits?
-an 'impact' calculator that shows how much money you have saved your neighbors and yourself by sharing and borrowing rather than buying
-feedback on the items and the neighbor, similar to ebay
-a community discussion group for neighbors to connect about neighborhood events and concerns -another way for your co-housing neighbors to lower their environmental footprint by consuming less.

How can you and your co-housing community join?
- First,  browse the site @ www.sharesomesugar.com.
- You can join and create your own co-housing neighborhood.
- Then send an email out/spread the word about joining Share Some Sugar. We are happy to make posters or anything customized for your community.

Short Video about Share Some Sugar: http://vimeo.com/7507774

I'm happy to talk to you further about how together we can partner to 'improve the world, one neighborhood at a time'.

I look forward to connecting & Happy Holidays!
        Keara Schwartz
        Founder, www.ShareSomeSugar.com