Re: cohousing homes under $300K
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:32:33 -0800 (PST)
RoseWind Cohousing in Port Townsend Washington is a long-built community of single-family homes which vary considerably in size and simplicity. We are about to list a small home, for $258,000. Details will soon be on our www.rosewind.org site, or contact me directly. The key to the pricing on this one is its size: 836 heated sq ft, plus attached garage, plus south deck. The lot is small (3500 sf) but adjacent to commons so it seems to have more yard than the lot itself. 1-2 BR, 1 bath.

We also have two homes that were built by Habitat. Short version: we donated the land, negotiated conditions of choosing famiies, and got two nice little homes with young families. Years later, one of those families moved away, sold back to Habitat, who placed yet another fine young family there.

We also have some big fancy homes. All share the same level of community and common amenities, making the small homes a particularly good deal.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
email is welcome  at  olympus.net
www.rosewind.org