Re: Afforability
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:59:05 -0800 (PST)
In promoting cohousing Coho/US staff and volunteers often hear concerns
about "high prices" of Coho-homes. Many of these are from people concerned
about prices on behalf of other people - a noble stance, but not necessarily
relevant to their own community and housing decisions.

One response is to ask about the current market value of the
questioner's home. In my experience, more than half the people who raise
cost concerns live in houses of higher "value" (price, not actual value)
than most of the cohousing homes in the area (when they exist).

Regards,

 Craig Ragland
Executive Director, Coho/US

(Who is about to start reviewing the letters and resumes from people
applying for the Volunteer Coordinator position:

http://www.cohousing.org/node/3103

If you are interested in this part-time position, you need to apply
immediately as we've received several applications and will most likely hire
next week.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Laura Woinoski <twopeaedpod [at]
gmail.com>wrote:

> -- clipped --

The economy is tight right now, and we've heard lots of people say