Re: Afforability
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:09:34 -0800 (PST)
Please don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of people in the "less than half"
- which is just an anecdotal guestimate based on a ridiculously small sample
size.

There are many cohousing homes that cost less than $250 sq foot, including
the one where I sit as I write this note. Since it is well insulated and the
size is about 1,100 sq. ft, our operating costs are pretty low.

And, if I included my family's "share" of Songaia's common house, barn, and
other out-buildings, then the "market value" (according to Zillow) is WAY
less than $250/sq foot.