carports in cohousing
From: Elana (ekannbellsouth.net)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:56:07 -0800 (PST)
In our case at Westwood Cohousing Community in Asheville, NC, our carports
are on common land, not private land, and they are considered "Limited
Common Elements" which means that the people who use them pay for their use,
not for owning them. A carport can easily be transferred to another resident
and payment for it goes from the new user to the old user. In addition, each
current user makes a small maintenance-and-replacement payment to the
Homeowners Association as part of his/her monthly assessment to cover the
longer term costs of taking care of the carport and eventually replacing it.

--Elana Kann

Message: 2