Re: Carports in cohousing
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:28:41 -0800 (PST)
We have privately owned carports which are bought and sold amongst neighbors
and to new homebuyers.  Owners have a legal title to their carport separate
from their home title.  The carports are built on individual private lots which
were platted in the very beginning.  Without individually platted carport lots,
I'm not sure if you could create clear title to the structures.  Maybe you
could; I just don't know.

Cheers,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"To create community we need to love each other, trust each other, and help
each other; that is hard."
                         -Wendell Berry