Urban cohousing
From: monica briggs (m_briggshotmail.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:55:29 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,The topic of urban, transit-oriented developments fits our urban
chohousing group, Stony Brook Cohousing (in Jamaica Plain, MA) perfectly.
(http://www.stonybrookcohousing.org/about_us.html) We have just signed a
purchase and sale agreement for the redevelopment of a church on a mixed-use
site in downtown Jamaica Plain. We will be creating a 30 to 37 household
community. (see this article in our local paper:
http://jamaicaplaingazette.com/node/3848We are working with a terrific local
developer, and will be selecting our architect by early next week. We have just
started a 90-day feasibility assessment period, and I would like to get the
word out about our project. I would greatly appreciate some advice on how best
to do this.My name is Monica Briggs, and I have been an equity member of Stony
Brook Cohousing since 2007. I have recently joined this Listserv, and have been
very impressed and enlightened by the discussions.
I already feel like we are part of a thriving cohousing community by being part
of these discussions!

Gratefully,Monica