Re: limited-access events in common space (1)
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:08:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,

At Jamaica Plain Cohousing we've established a policy for private use of the common facilities, which presumably would address this kind of situation. We do have an approval process (that took over a year to come of with!), which allows for objections to proposed uses and for non-permanency of uses of common space (i.e., they need to be renewed at some point). There's one ongoing private usage that at one point raised some hackles with the rest of the community, but it got resolved through some discussion and flexibility. Presumably if it hadn't been resolved the issue would have either gone to the community at a General Meeting or to our Conflict Prevention and Resolution.

Best regards and good luck with the issue,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing