Re: Afforability
From: Marganne Meyer (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:16:51 -0800 (PST)
At 12:58 PM -0800 1/8/10, Craig Ragland wrote:
One response is to ask about the current market value of the
questioner's home. In my experience, more than half the people who raise
cost concerns live in houses of higher "value" (price, not actual value)
than most of the cohousing homes in the area (when they exist).

That's not my case, or the case of many others that I've spoken to about low cost community housing. I can't afford to buy a house even with prices dropping so low.

My answer is to pursue a community of small (less than 1,000 square feet) houses. More affordable. Real need for central building for shared equipment/experiences.

Has/Does CoHo/US plan to move into this area? I've seen a lot of demand expand in the past few years.

Marganne