Re: Meal Participation Program
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:54:50 -0800 (PST)
Joanie,

>>> How does that all equal out?
We expect the costs will be approximately equal in the long run.  Some plan
a simple meal and others are more elaborate.  It is up to the cooks.

>>> I would imagine you would get a lot of bread and pasta
Here is the last dinner menu that was posted to the listserv
   Cassoulet a baked dish of beans, tomatoes, root vegetables, and meat for
some
   Vegan Cassoulet - the above with seitan (hyped up tofu--beware the soy)
   Asian Cole Slaw - okay ze french peasant, she has a wild side
   bagguette
   green salad
   King Cake and clementines

Here is what will be served this Sunday (I am one of the cooks):
   Vegan Minestrone soup
   bread from Gugelhupf ... Tuscan,
http://www.guglhupf.com/detail.aspx?ID=100
   Mac and Cheese
   Vegan chocolate cake

>>> And what do you do about the people who don't cook?
If you mean that a person can not cook due to a long-term physically
limitation, they make a cash contribution to the Common House staples
(usually for the year).  If you mean a short-term limitation, they can still
eat and they will cook on the next cooking cycle.  If you mean that cooking
is not one of their strengths, everyone can cook ... some are better than
others.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 Durham, NC
 http://www.enocommons.org
 where the weather is too cold and wet for me to commute to work by bicycle