Application and screening processes for prospective members
From: Marcia Lepler (marcialeplergmail.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:44:43 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

We are a group of 9 households currently building a cohousing community in
Mountain View California.  We have purchased the site, and are currently in
the midst of design.  We expect to be 20 households when all is said and
done.

The purpose of this message is to learn from the experiences of other
cohousing communities as related to any formal or informal application
process for prospective members. We are particularly interested in any
screening process, reference checking, background checks, credit checks,
and/or other steps you may take as part of welcoming new members.  Also, we
are curious as to how much time the prospective members spend with the
community, and any orientation steps you take.  If you have an application,
we would appreciate it if you could attach a copy when you respond.

Thank you so much for your time and energy.  Please reply to
marcialepler [at] gmail.com and I will summarize and post to the list if you
would like.

Marcia Lepler
member of Mountain View Cohousing Community (MVCC)