Re: Meal Participation Program
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:49:43 -0800 (PST)
We set up the expectation that everyone is on the cooking roster, but made sure
than inexperienced cooks paired up with experienced cooks to start out. We had
a couple of people who were very apprehensive about having to cook, and we made
sure they got a little extra support.  We had point people who are comfortable
with a variety of dietary restrictions who would answer questions, make recipe
suggestions, or help modify traditional recipes. Everyone is on the roster; it
is up to you if you want to come to meals.  We do put aside food for people who
can't make a meal if they request it.  We don't currently have anyone who is
physically unable to cook.

When we set out a sign up sheet, many people did not sign up, so we began
having a scheduler schedule the meals.  That has worked well, although a few
people keep trying to get the scheduler to reschedule for them rather than
finding their own subs.
 Two and a half years later our less experienced cooks all have at least one or
two favorite recipes they are comfortable with, and are branching out to more
adventurous cuisine.