Re: affordable cohousing, not "gated"
From: Marganne Meyer (margannemacnexus.org)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:30:10 -0800 (PST)
At 7:33 AM -0700 1/22/10, Joanie Connors wrote:
They were very enthusiastic about joining us, were aware of cohousing,
and liked our ideas. The only sticking point was that they had to own
the land underneath the house - shares don't work for them.

Yes, I've read about other projects that have had the same problems. Sorry it couldn't be worked out.

Many types of programs exist. None I've found have 'fit' with options for low-cost (not affordable) cohousing.

My hope is that some of us will keep at it, along with the changing housing market and trend away from fossil fuels, long enough to find a fit that meets the need. To do that, I suspect some laws will need to change and some people will need to think outside their current comfort zones.