Re: affordable cohousing, not "gated"/ Habitat
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizverizon.net)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 06:21:14 -0800 (PST)
I forgot to answer the fact that size of household and 40B status seem to have no correlation, nor does household size and size of home connect in any way.

Folk who qualify for the affordable homes may buy whatever size they can get a mortgage for, however the prices were set by the state assuming smaller households in smaller homes.

Also we fit in what the state calls "moderately affordable" which fit what sharon quotes as "low income". that is our prices were set for people who make 80% of the median income.

Here are the rules and prices: http://www.mosaic-commons.org/40b

-Liz
(The Rev.) Elizabeth M. Magill
Mosaic Commons in Berlin, MA