Want to give cohousing a try?
From: Patty Hodgins (phodgidcomm.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)
I am planning a 6- to 8-week road trip this April-May. I'm looking for someone to stay in my unit *rent free* in exchange for cat and plant care. My community, Hearthstone, is in NW Denver, 10 minutes from downtown and within walking distance of a supermarket, cool restaurants, and shops of all sorts. We are an intergenerational group with approx. 50 adults and 25 kids. Get to know community members at regular common meals or by just hanging out -- lots of people are home during the day.

My unit has one large bedroom + bath upstairs. Ground floor consists of TV room, small office, bath, and spacious living/dining/kitchen area. Unfinished basement has washer/dryer. Common house includes great exercise equipment and large-screen TV.

Quinn, Betsy, and Pierre are my 3 beautiful and charming cats. Quinn gets twice-daily insulin injections, which are *really* easy to give. (I tend to be squeamish, and I learned the technique in a flash.) I confess, I do have lots of plants, too, but they are used to a certain amount of neglect.

My travel dates are somewhat negotiable. If this possibility intrigues you, please contact me at phodg [at] idcomm.com. I'll send you photos of the place and the cats if you like.

Thanks!

Patty Hodgins
Hearthstone, Denver
where the kids are rehearsing a second original play, their first one having been a smash hit.