Truly affordable cohousing: $125 rooms in Ames, Iowa
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 07:28:45 -0800 (PST)
At this point it's just rooms in a single shared house, as best I can
tell, but the intention is to retrofit the neighborhood:

http://ames.craigslist.org/roo/1567679571.html

Just $125 a month including internet? I know folks who pay more than
that just for internet!

Here's the Coho/US directory listing for the community, with some more
background on the vision for community there (don't bother with the
website link, it's not populated yet):

http://www.cohousing.org/directory/view/22587

Raines Cohen, Cohousing Coach http://www.CohousingCoach.com/
  Happy to see San Francisco "Backyard Neighborhood & School"
visioning process is continuing since we helped kick it off last
Summer/Fall -- and a new potential ENTITLED site has turned up, which
some might call "affordable", but only by SF standards

Community Organizer, East Bay Cohousing http://www.ebcoho.org/
  Organizing a field trip to the Pleasant Hill cohousing open house next Sunday

Get the latest cohousing news delivered via Twitter:
   tweet "Follow Cohousing" or go to: http://twitter.com/cohousing