Re: Sorry if you were offended, here is the point reworded
From: melanie griffin (melgrifgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:54:33 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for all the personal notes of support. They give me hope for the
future of community, as do most of my interactions with cohousers.  Lyle,
please don't take this as a critical comment on your original post. I was
responding to the string, which went off in a weird direction. I think we
agree that there are extra challenges with housing for people with
disabilities and folks with no or low incomes, and it is a shame when they
are magnified in cohousing insteadof ameliorated by community. It would be
good to spend some energy solving those problems and making cohousing more
available to a diverse population. My point was that we it's not helpful to
equate groups that have some statistical coincidence and assign cause and
effect relationships that categorically exclude them from cohousing as a
principle just because their exclusion is an unfortunate current reality.