Re: Being poor and needing affordable housing was Sorry if you were offended, here is the point reworded
From: Cindy T (cindy_t25hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:11:41 -0800 (PST)

>You might also say that those who are poor are less likely to be highly
>educated (NO... I am NOT saying that poor people are dumb), and how do
>you bring the concept and the message of co-housing differently to a
>low-income co-housing group?

I have a PhD in Sociology and a post doctoral MS in Engineering.  I was
disabled in my 40's
due to my employer's careless use of chemicals.  I never thought of myself as
poor until
I began looking at co-housing communities.
A friend who was disabled in her 30's, also with a good PhD, lives in Section 8
housing now.
There are many others like us.  Disability payments are low, and they end at
65.
Unexpected disability can happen to anyone.

Cindy T

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390708/direct/01/