Floor Plans
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:06:09 -0800 (PST)
I didn't saver the original message about house sharing so I can't remember the question exactly but it triggered a memory from Florida.

Many of the houses I was in there had bedrooms on opposite sides of the house, rather than all clustered together. A few had small guest houses a few feet behind them. Each set of bedrooms and the guest houses did have a bathroom. So there were relatively more bathrooms. The zoning for "guest house" requires that it not have a kitchen.

One extended family of 7 people, three households, shared one house and guest house, with each household having privacy. The kitchen, dining area, living room, and laundry room were in the center of the house.

Each household spent 6 months of the year there, with at least one in residence all the time, and numerous guests in between.

It was very easy to be a guest because the privacy was luxurious even when there were 8 or more people in residence.

For shared homes that would seem to be a good plan to consider.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines in Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca