Re: Collaborative Marketing
From: PattyMara Gourley (pmgourleygmail.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:20:37 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Karen Kudia <kkudia [at] peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Patty
>
> Sure are pricey, given the recession and 33% loss in residential market
> value. How come so many for sale?

Hi Karen, thanks for your comments.  Our homes are priced competitively for
the current California beach market.  To help with affordability, many of
our homeowners have chosen to rent portions of their homes.  It has proven
to be very successful.

To answer your question why 'so many are for sale':  mostly. lifestyle
changes, including an elder couple who moved to residential care, a family
of four who need a larger single story home to care for their disabled
daughter, a single woman who misses her friends in a nearby town.  My
husband and I are retiring to where we can fish for trout every day.

Tierra Nueva is experiencing a turnover, yes, but also a renaissance of
participation and commitment.  It is a perfect time to enter the community
now in this time of flux to re-energize and create new bonds of friendship
and cooperation (very close to the beach!).

PattyMara

--
Our cohousing home is for sale:
http://bigbrick.com/52510

www.pattymara.1000markets.com

"Luminous beings are we . . . not this crude matter." --Yoda