Re: Meal Participation Program
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:30:14 -0800 (PST)
A couple of suggestions that seem to work for us:
Sign ups for cleaning and cooking slots in advance. We do a quarter at a time.
This allows for people to plan and maybe to commit.
Also, don't make it mandatory that cooks do cleaning.

Another one:
Lower the bar of what constitutes an acceptable menu. Some people mentioned on
the list they always have dessert. We rarely do, except for fruit when it's
cheap and in season, or birthday cakes. Our regular meals can be as simple as:
hearty soup, green salad, bread and butter, the end.

On the consumption side:
Make meal participation opt-out, instead of opt-in. We assume everyone is
signed in until they come and physically change that Yes to a No.

Mariana
Berkeley, Calif Cohousing