Re: car sharing
From: PattyMara Gourley (pmgourleygmail.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:23:34 -0800 (PST)
Like Racheli at Sonora, we car share and car pool at Tierra Nueva.  I've let
neighbors borrow my car, and the benefit to me was that since I don't drive
my car all that much, it kept it in use and gave the battery some charge.

Today three of us are sharing a carpool into San Luis Obispo (25 minutes
north) to experience a new cooking school lunch, demonstrating making Thai tome
yum goong (shrimp and lemongrass soup) with glass noodle spring rolls.

When many of our coho kids attended a charter school up the coast, there was
a very structured car pool set up so that parents shared the driving.  It
was quite successful, a great pooling of resources.

PattyMara

--
Our cohousing home is for sale:
http://bigbrick.com/52510

"Luminous beings are we . . . not this crude matter." --Yoda