cc: For those that heard Paul Ray at the Boulder Coho Conference
From: Sally Thompson (cohousinggroupsverizon.net)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 09:36:56 -0800 (PST)
Dear Paul,

With the Supreme Court legislating against the "people" in favor of
Corporations & with the members of Congress "earmarking" Bills, costing us far
more than an already expensive war-driven budget, & with self-righteous
Conservatives even trying to dictate our thinking at Super Bowls, I feel
totally downtrodden and sick at heart about what has happened to our Country
and its so-called "Democracy".  We are a nation of personal greed, attracting
greedy people from all over the world to share our "values" in the name of a
"Democracy" that does not exist.

Call it the "New Progressive Party", call it anything you want, but please
consolidate and reframe the multitude of words you have written on the subject
into something shorter that can be put in every Newspaper in America
simultaneously, seeking honorable Candidates to run for all levels of political
office under the "Progressive Party" Banner.  If our existing parties do any
more personal smearing of opponents with true or false statements, even the
honorable will be unwilling to run unless they are given a third option and
FAST!  While you are consolidating, maybe you could fundraise for the price of
a full-page ad, at least in the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Philadelphia
Inquirer, etc. that hopefully will produce funds to print that full-page
doctrine down into small town dailies and weeklies.

It makes me furious to be forced to pay for wars I am totally against but not
allowed to pay for abortions for which I often see some great necessity through
my tax dollars and nobody screams that war is killing too, and why should we
pay for that if Conservative "Christians" won't let us help the poor to avoid
destroying their hopes for the future by having an abortion when they need one.

I could go on, and on, and on.

Please, Paul, give us a reason to have some hope again that we can straighten
out this mess in Washington, with despicable election trends that trickle down
through all levels of Government, and noone having the power to stop it.

Thank you.  Please HURRY!

Sally S. Thompson

P.S. I heard you speak at a Cohousing conference in Boulder long ago.  Its time
to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!  There is a movement called "Awakening the
Dreamer" going around community by community.  How I would love to see them
hand out a copy of your one-page ad to every participant at their symposiums to
give us HOPE that something can actually be done before it is too late!