Paul Ray at the last Boulder Convention
From: Sally Thompson (cohousinggroupsverizon.net)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:04:23 -0800 (PST)
I think I owe you an explanation of why, clear out of the blue, earlier today I
sent you a copy of an e-mail I wrote with great passion to Paul Ray, our
Keynote Speaker in Boulder, who talked about all of us great people into
Cohousing that could be called "Cultural Creatives", and if we Cohousing people
who are doing great things got together with others with different causes that
share our dedication to doing good, we, together, could change Washington & the
World.  I was inspired by him in Boulder, never forgetting his message as I
continued to struggle for years and years against political powerfuls at the
local level who wanted to preserve the property values of mega-mansions by
zoning our clustered communities right out of Pennsylvania and Delaware--at
least so far.

Then I went to a symposium called "Awaken the Dreamer", trying to inspire those
attending to bring forth "an Environmentally Sustainable, Spiritually
Fulfilling and Socially Just Human Presence on the Planet as the Guiding
Principle of our Time"!  I got fired up to first, not give up on our Cohousing
dream in spite of local politicians who have made it feel absolutely impossible
to fulfill, but second, making me want all the more to change our Government
and Judicial System at the local level all the way up to the National Level.
While at this recent symposium, Paul Ray's words kept echoing in my mind,
encouraging us to work with other Cultural Creatives who are trying to make it
a better world.  I wanted to tie the two groups together -- Paul Ray who is
talking about forming a Progressive Party on his Cultural Creatives' website
and the group "The Pachamama Alliance" whose symposium, "Awakening the Dreamer,
Changing the Dream" Symposium, agreed so often with what Paul Ray was saying to
the Cohousing Convention all those years ago.

At last I saw a "ray of hope" (pun intended) for changing the self-centered,
materialistic, inflexible Governments we have right here in PA/DE on down to
Washington, DC.  And so I sent a copy to you, knowing that most of you think
like me, and would want our Government to be a functioning Government for and
by the people by reaching a consensus of all viewpoints without the political
special interests and entrenched politicians (& Judges) taking the entire
Democracy over.  So PLEASE FORGIVE ME for bringing politics onto our website if
you found me offensive in any way.  My social conscience made me do it!

I hope I am forgiven & perhaps some of you might want to march on Washington
from the Capitol to the Supreme Court along with me someday!  Any suggestions
on what to do with local politicians???!!!  Sally Thompson, Harmony Green
Village, PA/DE.