Re: getting money up front
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 14:26:23 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, vandeist [at] msn.com wrote:

By pulling your money, have you violated any Security & Exchange Commission
(SEC) regulations?  If people without a history together pool their funds,
the SEC interprets that as a security.  Did your group members have an
extensive personal/business history with one another?  Are you an LLC or
incorporated?  Did you create a security?  Please tell.  We have avoided
pulling our funds, because we're new to one another as a group and didn't
want to run afoul of the SEC.  Now we're considering creating a security.
Van Deist    Venice, FL

Why should they care? They aren't governed by American laws, this is a Cohousing group in the UK.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.