Re: ecovillage vs cohousing distinctions
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:02:42 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 8, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah wrote:

Our cohousing includes many people for whom similar values are
important, but it isn't as much a requirement, and the overall degree
of commitment to such is less.

In reading about ecovillages and talking with people who live in them I would say the same thing. Ecovillages require that people live a certain way in respect to ecology. It's not optional.

Not sure what they would do if someone refused to recycle but they are much more comfortable with the idea of requirements than cohousers.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC