Re: Co-housing and ecovillages
From: Arielle Greenberg Bywater (ariellecgyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 04:53:27 -0800 (PST)
My understanding is you can have ecovillages that are not cohousing (that are
simply green-designed and -built housing developments but perhaps without
consensus decision making, without a common house, without so much of the
"intentional living" stuff) and you can have cohousing that are not ecovillages
(because the community did not prioritize green building or doesn't think of
living on the earth in a certain way as a core shared value).  Or you can have
communities that are both.  Hence the ampersand in our community's name (our
name while we're in development, at least!)!

Arielle
Belfast Cohousing & Ecovillagemainecohousing.org