Fwd: Google asking for information about communities interested in super fast internet to the home
From: Scott Nelson Windels (scottdrenalin.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:03:01 -0800 (PST)
This was forwarded from a friend.  Could be interesting for cohousing
communities to apply for this trial.

thx
Scott

  Google is planning to build and test ultra high-speed broadband
networks in a small number of trial locations across the United States.
We'll deliver Internet speeds more than 100 times faster than what most
Americans have access to today with 1 gigabit per second,
fiber-to-the-home connections. We plan to offer service at a competitive
price to at least 50,000 and potentially up to 500,000 people.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/think-big-with-gig-our-experimental.html