Attracting families to already existing cohousing communities
From: Silas Langley (silaslangleyyahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:25:15 -0800 (PST)
I'm a member of a cohousing community in Portland, Oregon.  We have few kids
here (two of them are mine) but would like to attract more families with kids.
There is currently a great family home for sale in our community.  And another
one will be on the market soon.  The community would really like more kids and
the community is in a family friendly area of town.  We've taken some steps to
make our community more attractive to families, such as building a new play
structure and holding many kid-friendly events throughout the year.  But we're
still not getting many bites.

Are there any other communities out there with a similar situation?  Are there
any communities out there that had few kids but managed to turn that around and
gain more families with kids?  I would love some advice or recommendations from
others out there on what steps we as a community might take to encourage more
families to consider buying a home here.  It really is a great place for kids!
Perhaps we haven't yet considered something.

Silas Langley
Cascadia Commons Cohousing