Re: Cohousing vs. communal
From: Kristen Simmons (simmonskristengmail.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 06:29:13 -0800 (PST)
Alex,
You might want to check out the ic.org website. There are communities
doing what you describe. I know of at least two in the Boston area,
which have at an association the the Quakers. A friend lives in one;
I can provide contact information if you like off line.

I do think that cohousing is very different, usually. Most cohousers
really do want their own independent home. Although at Cobb Hill
Cohousing in Vermont, there are several studios in the common house
that share communal bathrooms and use the community kitchen. So
really, anything goes. :-)

There's also a new intentional community forming my neighborhood as a
non-profit. Here's a link:
http://sites.google.com/a/lucystonecoop.org/lsc/about

Good luck!

Kristen