Re: Trailer Park as Community
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 03:40:27 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Marganne Meyer wrote:

It gets by the common problem of zoning restrictions that limit the
number of homes that can be built on one lot -- whether that lot is
small or many acres large. Modular homes can be extremely energy
efficient and many things can be done with mobile homes to make them
more sustainable.

A couple of years ago I went to a Green Building seminar put on by the CIty of Austin. One of the comments I heard was that Palm Harbor homes are very energy efficient. So, while modular housing may be inexpensive, it isn't necessarily cheap.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.