Re: Attracting families to already existing cohousing communities
From: Ellen Keyne Seebacher (ellepobox.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:20:44 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 02:31:40AM -0800, Marganne Meyer wrote:

> I've always figured if you have a 3-bedroom house but no one can
> afford it, you find someone who can live there as an owner and rent
> one or two of the bedrooms out so there would be funds for the loan.

Banks don't seem to like that these days. :(

(We have several four-bedroom homes with in-law suites, and figured
extended families or unrelated groups might purchase together if
nuclear families didn't.  Hasn't happened, in part because stiff
mortgage requirements have scared off several potential buyers.)

--
Ellen Keyne Seebacher                   elle [at] pobox.com